Friday, August 20, 2010

Men...are you involved in a relationship with someone who has children from a previous relationship?

I'm 26 years old. I've only dated one other girl who had kids and that was 4 years ago. It may not seem like much, but the four years between 22 and 26 are pretty huge in terms of personal development. I'm not the same guy I was 4 years ago. For your ease of reading, I'm going to give out their first names. The relationship 4 years ago was with Brandi. This new potential girl is Christie. With Brandi, our relationship was very relaxed. It was exclusive, but not very serious. She had 3 kids. She was 4 years older than me. We only dated for two months and I never met her children. Actually, I made it a point to not meet her children. I didn't want to introduce another male figure into their lives until I was absolutely sure that I wanted to date Brandi on a long term level. Long story short, we had a lot of fun, but nothing of any real substance to build a relationship on ever happened between us.





Cut to now, I've dated several girls in between Brandi and today. None had children. Things didn't work out for various reasons. I dated my last girlfriend for about a year and she turned out to be a cheating whore. I haven't dated in about 10 months because of this. Trying to get over it and all that. So now there's this girl Christie who has 3 children. She's also 26 years old and divorced. She's about halfway through a bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. So I know she's at least intelligent and committed to improving her life. I work for a non-profit organization and do not make a ton of money. I definitely know I wouldn't be able to support her and her kids and myself as the only person working in the relationship. She does have a job, but it's commission based so her pay scale varies from week to week.





She and I have only been kind of flirting in person/texting for a few days. We hung out two nights ago with a group of friends, and she was laying it on pretty thick. Laying her head on my shoulder, making flirty comments, etc...so I'm pretty sure she wants me to ask her out. She's very good looking and fun to be with. So if you took the children out of the equation, I would definitely be all over asking her out.





What I want to know is this: is it worth it? By that I mean, I've always wanted my own children, and she doesn't plan on having any more. And I want a long term relationship that will lead to marriage. I don't know how she feels about this yet. So to other men out there: do you recommend getting involved with a woman who already has children or do you regret your decision to enter into a relationship like that? Do the children your significant other has fill the need you had for your own children? Please tell me all you can regarding your situation so that I can make an informed decision.





If you need to know any other information that I may have omitted, please ask and I will edit the question accordingly. Thanks very much.Men...are you involved in a relationship with someone who has children from a previous relationship?
I got involved with a woman who had a daughter and ended up marring her. My wife and I ended up having a baby and I can honestly tell you that I love both of the kids the same. If we didn't end up having a baby I could have lived my life with only having her daughter quite happily. Both kids are my life and you need to ask yourself if you could be happy with raising her kids as your own.Men...are you involved in a relationship with someone who has children from a previous relationship?
?

No comments:

Post a Comment